How many times have you waited for the perfect moment or idea before you do something? I spent a long time trying to determine how to write the perfect first blog post, but I soon realised that if I waited for the perfect idea before I put Pen to Paper, I just might never post anything. So am going to share a couple of lessons I learnt during the period of waiting to write my first blog post.
- Take a step! Thats right you have to make a move. That perfect idea or timing you want might just never pop up. What ever it is, you want to do whether it’s to write, to start a business, or even to propose to your Girlfriend, you had better take a step and it doesn’t matter how small. A baby step is a step in progress!
- Trust your instinct. The best plans are always subject to reconstruction. When your plans seem to be taking another direction especially when new ideas are flowing in, don’t be too rigid, be flexible enough to make changes.However, be careful not to lose focus of the purpose of whatever it is you are embarking on.
- Refuse to procastinate. Whatever you can do now, don’t postpone until later. Just do it regardless of how imperfect or raw the idea may seem to be. It’s also a step in the right direction which would ultimately lead to the perfection you want.
- Take your time. Remember that old adage”Rome was not built in a day” well, it’s true! Its most likely that you would make several mistakes and there are also questions you may not immediately have answers to. But it’s ok to make mistakes. What’s important is to learn from them and the puzzles you seek answers to will with time unravel themselves.
- Don’t Compare! Take a look in the mirror and always remind yourself you are your biggest competition. You can be the whatever you want to be if you give yourself to the process of becoming. Learn to appreciate people’s success and continue to work for yours.Healthy competition gives you peace of mind, helps you appreciate your progress and also helps you to Love yourself and enjoy life.
- Never Stop Trying. Perfection is hardly ever achieved on the first try. So, Don’t give up! Sometimes, it might take a while for you to get it right. But keep trying and don’t stop.
- Take a Break. I think it ok to take a break to think and re-strategise when things are not working out like you expect. Sometimes, you may need to take a new approach or method to acheive whatever it is you are trying to do. Just make sure not to lose your focus.
So… Here is my first blog post and while I won’t say its perfect, I know it’s progress for me. More so, I hope it’s as helpful to you as it is to me. Finally, Keep your dreams dear to your heart and never let it go.