I got thinking about people and colours and I realised that a lot of people are more deliberate with colours than they care to admit. You care about the colours of clothing you fill your wardrobe with, your makeup, the colour of your house, your car or any other item that’s of importance to you.So apart from the material things that has to do with colours, have you ever thought of colours in terms of your life? I mean what adds colour to your world?
Better still, if you were to represent your life right now in terms of colours, what would the description be? Is it dark or grim or bright or just plain? Is it what you want or would you have wanted something different?
Colours in your life are those basic things in life that you have allowed to be a part of you. I mean those nitty-gritty things that makes up your world like your friends, societal involvements like groups and associations you belong to, your beliefs, your relationships, passions, habits, character, attitudes etc
Take a moment to consider this, if you were an artist and you had a blank canvas, what colours would you choose in painting your dream world?I know sometimes it might be hard imagining painting your life anew because it looks to you like you have made a really bad painting of your life and you just might not be able to erase it…however its important for you to know that although you can’t undo the past, the present and future is still yours for the take. Hence, you will just have to imagine your life as a fresh sheet that is yours to paint any colour you want. So how do you go about painting a beautiful picture of your life?
- Get deliberate about what and who you allow to be a part of your world. This is because whatever you let into your life inadvertently colours your world and not necessarily that right shade you want. So, What are those things, people, habits, character or even activities you have let into your world that seem to be making sapping more life from you ? You have to identify these things and decide to let them go. More so, you have to act the part of the deliberate artist and reach out to make your life what you want it to be. Remember if you don’t, life is just going to do it for you and you most likely would not like what you get
- Get active in your life. You would be surprised at how many decisions you supposedly made your self but was not what you wanted because the board of directors in your life like your family and friends expect different from you so you have had to work more with their plans then yours. I am not saying the opinion of important people in your life don’t count, just that you have to tell them what you want and why you want it rather than have them assume who you are and what they think you want to do. More so, Sometimes you are scared to make a change of your current life even though you desperately want a different life from what you are presently living. This means its time to get more active in your life by deciding what you want and what you don’t want . you will want to work more on your self, let go of some unwholesome habits or characters that have held you back and sometimes, even some of your friends have to go.
- Start something. Yes! Its definitely time to start something about that kind of life you have always daydreamed about. Don’t sit back and merely wish for or envy what others have. You have a unique life too . Make your life happen. Take that cooking class, learn more about that Topic you are interested in, start that trade no matter how small you have to start . you know, the idea is to get more active in painting your life instead of sitting down all day to watch others paint theirs or even trying to be an important part of their life while you ignore yours. Hence make a go for those things you really want to do.
- Don’t wait for things to happen for you. You just have to go get what you want. Don’t put a lid on your life and expect people to always open you up. Well Good news… You are a parcel God has given the world… But he definitely expects you to get active in unwrapping you to get the best of you. Waiting for people to discover you gives them a fat chance to make you who they want you to be as against who you really are. That’s why you have to get active in the little things that make your life. Don’t wait for people to always make decisions for you. Dress the part, Act the part and go for it!
- Be grateful and celebrate you. Sometimes life throws at you a thousand and one reason why you should throw in the towel and never be happy. But you just have to tell yourself that you might not be where you want to be yet and in fact, you might have experienced more setbacks than you expected, but you just have to consciously think of those moments and things that has brought you joy in the past and even at present and be grateful for them. Then you can now take a step further to be grateful about that future you are going to be more deliberate about in painting because its going to be better than your past.
I earnestly desire that whatever colours you add to your world brings you joy immeasurable. Much more than that, I hope you paint a beautiful picture of your life that captures your uniqueness and that you enjoy your creation.
Hey, feel free to comment because I also want to learn more about how you have added colour to your world and things you have had to let go off.
2 thoughts on “Hi Hi! Lets talk about colours and you. ”
I love colours and I love how you used them to write this great post. I’ve never thought of my life in colours and I’ll start doing so. Very good tips these are. God bless you for sharing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate you too😘😘😘
LikeLiked by 1 person